Thanks for coming over here and checking out my new cave! This is the new big momma bear web site. If you have subscribed to the blog, we have moved your subscription over here. But unfortunately you are going to need to go to re-subscribe if you want to receive my latest luscious posts in your inbox. If you don’t you will still see my posts in WordPress Reader but just won’t receive them in as an email.
Please leave me a comment on what you think! I will draw a name from all the people that comment on my new web page and that lucky person will receive a copy of “Well Fed 2”. I know I know, I never ever thought I’d do the stupid give away thing but I love that cookbook and I really want you to come check out my new cave and tell me what you think.
Well Fed 2 is a wonderful continuation of Melissa “Melicious” Joulwan’s delicious journey down the cheeky path of paleo eating. Her first book, Well Fed 1, wowed me over with all the fun and playful ways that she creates food within the sometimes limiting confines of strict paleo. I mean this girl walks the talk! Her Well Fed 2 cookbook is 90% Whole 30 compliant. (As far as I’m concerned it is 98% compliant. I mean I consider frozen bananas Whole 30 but obviously I’m just a cavewoman)
It’s a good thing I have this cookbook too because I am doing my second whole 30 right now. Yup. On day 23 (but who’s counting) and it feels pretty good! Other than desperately missing my morning tea with honey and cream everything else is relatively easy. If you are thinking of becoming or are paleo, it is an important experiment to try as least one whole 30 just to experience how wonderful your body feels to be free of all the foods that cause cravings, obesity, disease and inflammation.
Now back to Well Fed 2, where it really shines is in her sauces and spices. Whenever I try any of them out my taste buds purr with satisfaction and pleasure. As you might know, strict paleo is made exciting by the sauces and spices that one can add to even a boring burger. Well Fed 2 delivers in this category. Her personal favorite recipe in the whole book is the Zesty Ginger Sauce. When I heard that, I was intrigued….. her favorite recipe?
It is s super easy recipe to make and store for a while in the fridge. I am enjoying it mixed with her mayo recipe, which is my all-time favorite. It really adds a serious zing to whatever you are making! I’ve been adding a bit to our green smoothies and wow! So come on over to my new cave and leave me a comment so you can have a crack at getting a copy of her delicious cookbook.
- ½ cup of light tasting olive oil
- ¼ of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of coconut aminos
- 2 medium carrots, washed and cut into chunks
- ¼ of a medium sized yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger, skin on
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the olive oil, cider vinegar, and coconut aminos in a food processor and pulse a few times. Add the carrots and onion and process till relatively smooth then add the ginger and garlic and whirl some more till well processed. Add and few cranks of pepper and give it a few pulses, then stop and taste. If it needs salt add some and there you go! All done! This amazingly beautiful salad dressing at your disposal. It is really good to dip veggies in or to bake with chicken. (bet you didn’t guess that!) Make sure and store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.